Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Getting to Portsmouth

Right now I'm sitting at the first high speed computer I've encountered so far and it's wonderful. You don't realize how dependent you are on high spped until you go back to dial up and it takes forever to read emails and send them.
Anyways, right now I'm in Portsmouth, a town in the South of England. Just this morning, I was in the Lake District which is on the boarder of Scotland and England. $ trains and 8 hours later, here I am. In the Lake District, I visited with a friend, the daughter of the ppl I was staying with in Glasgow. We went for a walk around the lake near Keswick (pronounced Kesik) adn saw even more sheep and even Canada geese (something seems wrong with that picture!) It was really nice weather, cloudy with a lot of sunny breaks which was great cause the day before it was rainning and today also. As long as it rains while I'm travelling, I'm happy. So tomorow it's off to Guernsey, one of the Channel Islands. Victor Hugo use to live there. The ferry leaves bright and early at 9 am so I should probably go and have supper now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home